Sculpture has form, but that form often evolves over time in a sequence of shapes and ideas. Sometimes the sculptor captures that sequence within a single form, or creates a sequence of forms as an aggregate piece. Participating artists are asked to consider loosely, how “Forms & Sequences” relates to their work and forefront that in this juried show of contemporary sculpture. Sculptors may choose to focus on either, forms or sequences, or both.
JUROR: Phil Linhares, retired Chief Curator of Art, The Oakland Museum of California.
VENUE: Siskiyou Arts Museum, Dunsmuir, CA
EXHIBITION TIMELINE: • May 15, 2018 - Deadline for Artist submissions - Tue
• June 1, 2018 - Artists notified of Juror's selections - Fri
• Aug 7-8, 2018, - Delivery & installation* - Tue - Fri
• Aug 11, 2018, 5-7pm - Opening Reception - Sat
• Oct 6, 2018 - Exhibition ends - Sat
• Oct 7, 2018 - De-installation* - Sun
* PLEASE NOTE: Selected artists may choose to split the cost of a truck for delivery and pick up of work. Announcements to come after the jury process.SUBMISSIONS: This exhibition will be of works by PRS members only. Individual artists may submit images of up to 3 artworks, including up to three views of each artwork (for a maximum of 9 images total). Three-dimensional sculpture in any media will be considered. Selected artworks must be hand delivered (not shipped), ready for exhibition and be presented professionally.
For more information including map, visit the website here.
Submission is via Submittable.com and is free to PRS members. Submit here.
Not a current member or would like to join as a new member, click JOIN!QUESTIONS: Email questions and your phone number with subject heading "Question - FORMS & Sequences" to Leitha at firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will get a call back.